Many weekends of the year, you’ll see a colourful convoy of MX-5s out taking advantage of some of the many great roads Victoria and Tasmania have to offer.
Each month’s runs and other activities are detailed in our events calendar.
However, sometimes you might like to do one of the runs yourself … you might have missed an event, or you might have enjoyed it so much that you just have to go out and do it again!
At right we have a selection of popular Club runs which you can download and print out.
Please note that, over time, road conditions and access change, so what’s set out in these previous run notes — while accurate for the day of the original run — may no longer be 100% correct!
Submitting run notes from previous events
To contribute a set of run notes from a run that you’ve organised, click here to send them to our website co-ordinator. We prefer to receive them in Word format, so that layout can be standardised. We’ll then convert them to PDF for the site.
Planning a Club run
If you’re planning a Club run, don’t re-invent the wheel … check out Rob Spargo’s helpful hints on planning an event:
- Preparing a Club Run
- What Works Well
- Convoy Rules & Incident Guidelines
- Run notes template [Excel]*
- Preparing an mxtra Report
- Event Attendance Sheet – single-day event [PDF]
- Event Attendance Sheet – single-day event [Word]
- Event Attendance Sheet – weekend or multi-day event [PDF]
- Event Attendance Sheet – navigation run [PDF]
* This Excel file is a basic template only – add or delete columns to suit your needs. If you add new rows, the formula for the “next direction” distance (column D) can be copied into the cells below by holding the mouse on the cross in the right-hand lower corner of the cell and dragging down to the cell below it.
Run notes from previous Club drives
You are welcome to view past run notes by clicking on any of the links below. Please remember that, while these notes were correct at the time of the original run, road conditions are likely to have changed in the meantime. Please follow the notes with care.
Central – south-east
- Beach run to Sorrento – November 1999
- “Tops Down at Twilight” run to Mornington
- President’s Run to Phillip Island – June 2005
- Cool run to Coolart – November 2005
- Founding Family’s run – March 2007 (Mornington Peninsula)
Central – east
- Dally in the Dandenongs – August 2002
- Donna Buang climb – November 2004
- Beginners’ run to Yarragon – June 2006
- President’s run to Mazda – May 2012
- Down the Drouin Drains – June 2014 (Pakenham to Yarragon)
- 25th anniversary (“Red & White”) run (Gembrook) – May 2015
Central – north-east
- Big Burger Run to Buxton – August 2005
- Al & Rodney’s famous Eildon run – July 2006
- Healesville Sanctuary run – May 2006
- Reefton Spur – February 2007
- Kinglake & Beyond run – August 2011
Central – north
Central – north-west
- Strathmore-Hanging Rock Winery
- Picnic at Hanging Rock – February 2006
- Pioneers’ run: Lancefield via Heathcote – April 2006
- Reads’ run to Pyalong – July 2007 (Lancefield/Wandong)
- Picnic in the Park – October 2010 (Kyneton)
- Pioneers’ Run II: Heathcote – August 2014
Central – west
- Western Safari (Werribee-Bacchus Marsh)
Central – south-west
- Tarra Bulga run – January 2012
- Gippsland run – September 2011
- Gippsland run in reverse – October 2012
- Leongatha lunch run – February 2013
- Moe-Rawson run – May 2013
- Licola run – June 2013
- Mt Worth run – November 2014
- Moe-Rawson run – February 2015
- Fish & Chip run – March 2015
- South of the Highway run – April 2015
- Fish & Chip run to Fish Creek – February 2017
- New Gippy Run – March 2017
- Grand Ridge Road run – June 2017