NatMeet brings together owners from all around Australia in the one place to talk, have fun and show off their pride-and-joy. The event program combines motor sport with other events like funkhanas, navigation rallies, treasure hunts, convoy driving, a concours d’elegance / show & shine and a good deal of social activity over the four or five days.
Pictured here are the State presidents at the Mazda-sponsored meeting that saw the birth of NatMeet: from right – Grant George (SA), Peter Randell (WA), David Henry (Vic), Lea Findley (NSW) and David Verna (Qld). At left of the group is Murray Finlay (Vic), who was secretary of the meeting. Sue Ransom took the photo.
• 1996 – NSW
• 1999 – Queensland
• 2000 – Victoria (Ballarat & Melbourne)
• 2002 – South Australia (Clare Valley)
• 2004 – NSW (Leura, Blue Mountains)
• 2006 – Queensland (Kooralbyn)
• 2008 – Victoria (Beechworth)
• 2010 – South Australia (McLaren Vale)
• 2012 – NSW (Canberra)
• 2014 – Queensland (Caloundra)
• 2016 – Victoria & Tasmxnia (Launceston)
• 2018 – South Australia (Barossa Valley)
The Mazda MX-5 Club of New South Wales will be hosting the next NatMeet, the 14th, in 2020 (which is also the 30th anniversary of all the Australian Mazda MX-5 clubs and the 100th anniversary of Mazda itself) … planned for the Hunter Valley on 17-21 April. Watch the NSW Club website NatMeet page for details …