In 2000, the Club introduced the Club Championship competition, based essentially on the degree of participation in Club activities. Five categories were designated, namely, Club Champion, Competition Champion, Teams Champion, New Member Champion and Social Champion although at the end of the year, awards were only made in the first four categories.
(The award of Social Champion was replaced by a perpetual trophy for “Outstanding Achievement Award”, which in turn was replaced in 2008 with the “Jinba Ittai Award”. The Award for Club Champion was renamed the Mike Quist Award in 2011 in honour of the memory of Mike Quist.)
The Mike Quist (Club Champion) Award, Teams Champion and New Member Champion were all points-based “participation awards”, decided on the basis of recorded participation in Club events. The Motorsport awards included an overall Motorsport Champion” and various competition class placings (1st, 2nd and 3rd as appropriate) awarded on the basis of competion standings over the course of the year’s Championship.
In 2020 the awards system was revised to recognise three categories of support for the Club:
- Membership – measured by the length of consecutive membership years with the Club.
- Participation Awards – awarded through the attainment of points at a Club, Chapter or Motorsport level.
- Recognition Awards – awarded on a discretionary basis for service to the Club, initiated through nomination and supported with evidence of service and/or achievement. These included the Club-level Jinba Ittai award (president’s discretion) and a Chapter Captain’s Award for each Chapter (Chapter Captain’s discretion).
In addition to the above involvement-based awards, the President, Committee and Chapter Captains may award one or more individual Club members with an “In Appreciation” award in recognition of outstanding service to the Club or Chapter. This may be done annually, or as required.
In 2022, the Club discontinued all points-based Participation Awards (Mike Quist Award, Teams Champion, New Member Champion, mxtra award and Chapter Champions), so that the Awards and Recognitions now include:
- Membership – measured by the length of consecutive membership years with the Club (awarded in five-year increments).
- Participation Awards – Motorsport participation only. Please click on the button below for an explanation of the Club’s Sprint Championship.
- Recognition Awards – awarded on a discretionary basis for service to the Club, initiated through nomination and supported with evidence of service and/or achievement. This ranges from Chapter Captains’ awards In Appreciation awards, and the Jinba Ittai, Life Membership, Hall of Fame and Club Legend awards. Please click on the button below for an explanation of the Club’s Recognition Awards structure.
Club Sprint Championship Club Recognition Awards