2021 saw the inaugural presentation of the Club’s newly-established “recognition” awards.
During his Club Presidency, Peter Dannock identified the lack of recognition for members who have offered the Club high levels of support over many years.
Apart from the annual points-based “participation” awards we could only bestow the annual Jinba Ittai awards (for the Club member/s deemed the best exponent of “oneness between member and Club” in a given Club year, an occasional Appreciation award and the very rarely-awarded Life Membership.
However, many members provide service to the Club which does not quite qualify for Life membership, and several Life members have continued to provide very high levels of contribution and service to the Club for many years after their Life recognition.
As a result, in 2021 the Club introduced a six-level recognition system. Briefly, these awards are in recognition of:
- In Appreciation: for a Club member or supporter who has provided valued contribution to or valued support for the Club over a period of time.
- Service Award: for diligent service to the Club for at least three years.
- Service Star: for dedicated service to the Club for at least five years.
- Life Member: for exceptional service to the Club for at least seven years.
- Hall of Fame: for members with at least 15 years’ membership who have provided a remarkable contribution to the Club over at least 10 years.
- Club Legend: for members with at least 20 years’ membership who have provided an extraordinary contribution to the Club over at least 15 years.
Full details of the description, qualification and assessment criteria for each of the award levels can be found here.
In the absence of walls to hang our honour boards on, these pages list those who have been recognised for their service to the Club, as well as our major award winners since 1990.